- Schaeffler employees demonstrate in Herzogenaurach and in other locations in support of their company. Around 8000 people take to the streets.
- The Schaeffler Group concludes the takeover of Continental AG, based in Hanover. The company pays EUR 75 per share. The Schaeffler Group now holds 49.90 percent of the voting rights at Continental AG and is therefore the company’s largest shareholder. Schaeffler transfers the additional tendered shares to financial institutions.
- The company suffers a sharp decline in orders due to the financial and economic crisis. The Schaeffler Group applies for short-time working in several areas of the company.
- Volume-production readiness of the ball roller bearing.
- The Schaeffler Group receives the “Achievement Award” from Toyota in the suppliers’ category. This means Schaeffler is one of only four suppliers to receive this award.
- In conjunction with Fiat, the Schaeffler Group develops and produces “UniAir" – the world’s first fully-variable electrohydraulic valve control system. The system reduces fuel consumption and harmful substance emissions by up to 25 percent.
- The Schaeffler Group presents its CO2ncept-10% vehicle, a joint advance development project implemented by Porsche and the Schaeffler Group that achieves a total reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of ten percent by using new and optimized components.