- Federal President Horst Köhler awards the 1st Class Cross of Merit of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany to Maria-Elisabeth Schaeffler.
- With the help of FAG bearings (cylindrical roller bearings, four point contact bearings and tapered roller bearings in traction motors and gearboxes), the V 150 high-speed train sets a new world record by travelling at 574.8 kilometers an hour.
- The twin tandem, a four-row angular contact ball bearing, replaces conventional tapered roller bearings in wheel bearings and contributes significantly to saving fuel.
- Opening of plants in Pune/India and Debrecen/Hungary, inauguration of the new R&D center in Anting/China
- High-volume production of LuK dual clutches